WeCare 12 Months Warranty
WeCare 12 Months Warranty
What is covered?
If, in the rare event, your purchase fails to operate under normal use and service, due to defects in parts or workmanship, our warranty will cover the cost of parts and labour to either repair or replace your warranty return with a like for like model. Replacements will be issued in accordance with the specification and cosmetic appearance of the handset returned.
Should there be any differences in make, model, colour, memory or network, then this will be agreed by both parties.
We aim to repair or replace all warranty returns within a reasonable time, but lead times will vary depending on the availability of stock and/or replacement parts.
What is not covered?
This is not an insurance policy and should we deem that any fault has occurred as a result of misuse; accidental, deliberate or water damage, then the warranty will be void and we will contact you with regards to this.
We do not cover defects and/or damage resulting from:
- Normal wear and tear of the equipment or otherwise due to the normal ageing of the equipment, including battery deterioration.
- Any disassembly, repair, alteration or modifications carried out by anyone other than Second-Hand Phones.com
- Misuse, abuse, negligence or an accident howsoever caused.
- Improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, or any alteration or modification of the product.
- This warranty will not be available: a) if the serial number or warranty seal on the product is illegible, has been defaced or removed; or, b) without any proof of purchase.
- We do not cover any phones for water damage; this includes phones which were rated as waterproof/water resistant when new. This is due to the rubber seals/waterproofing degrading over time and as a result we cannot guarantee that a second-hand phone's seal will still be intact.
We do not cover consequential or incidental damages, including but not limited to, loss of use, loss of business, loss of profits, loss of data, any fees related to third party contracts, down-time and charges for time and effort.
Any third party attempt at repairing the handset will invalidate any returns period or warranty in place, which is why we strongly advise that any potential issue must be reported to us in the first instance and we will be able to advise further.
What must you do?
All faults must be reported to us upon initial discovery of the fault, as continuing to operate a device with a fault may cause the device to become irreparable. You will be held financially liable in this case and any costs associated with the return will become yours. In this instance, we will not uphold a warranty repair or replacement.
Handsets must be returned to us without any security measures (for example, passwords, passcodes) in place which would prevent our engineers from completing a full assessment and factory reset. Handsets returned to us with a security measure in place will be subject to extensive delays.
If removal is not possible on the device, then we require this information to be included on the returns form or via an email to [email protected] in order to process the return fully and to action a remote removal.
We also require that the following sundries are removed prior to the handset being returned, as they will be disposed of upon receipt:
- Sim cards
- Memory cards
- Other accessories
We do not under any circumstances provide any kind of guarantee for data loss and all returns will be factory reset and wiped. We do advise that backups of the phone’s data are taken at regular intervals.
The handset must be returned to us on or before the date the warranty period expires, outside of this period it will be deemed as out of warranty and returned to you subject to the relevant fees.
Please ensure that the handset is packaged safely and in accordance with the courier’s guidelines before sending it to us, please retain your proof of postage and tracking number.