How to maximise your iPhone battery life and lifespan?
Posted in News
Wednesday, April 6, 2016 2:39:49 AM America/Los_Angeles
If you would like to lengthen your iPhone battery life and lifespan, here are the general tips from Apple:
- Always update your Apple software to the latest version. Latest iOS 9.3.1 include advanced energy saving technology. When your battery charge drops below 20%, iPhone will prompt the user to switch to battery saving mode.
- Avoid extreme ambient temperatures. Device performs the best in temperature range from 16° to 22°C). Exposing your phone on temperate above 35°C will damage your battery capacity. Also, charging the device in high temperature can further damage it. Using the device under a very cold environment will get a obvious decrease in battery life.
- If you plan to store your device for longer than 6 months, charge it to 50% every 6 months
- Adjust your screen brightness or dim the screen to extend the battery life.
- Use Wi-Fi whenever possible since it consumes less power than a cellular network.
- To improve your iPhone battery life, monitor your background activity and increase the fetch interval if your Mail or Calendar app is running in the background.
- Turn off location services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services in order to save iPhone battery life
- Turn off push notification in order to minimise the phone display being wake up when lock screen is displayed
- Turn on the aeroplane mode when you are under a poor cell coverage